Sunday, November 23, 2014 / by Jason Schaefer
"We're going to wait until the Spring to list our house."
Very common for us to hear that, but there are plenty of reasons NOT to list your house during the Spring. In fact, you may be better off selling during the Holiday Season. Here are the top reasons to sell during the Holiday Season:
1. You'll have less time wasted with buyers during the Holiday Season - the serious buyers are looking during the Holiday season.
2. Listing inventory is usually lower during the Holiday Season - less inventory can mean more "value" for your home.
3. Buyers can be more emotional during the Holiday Season - meaning more value for your home.
4. Buyers have more time off work - meaning more time to look at homes.
5. If you sell your house now - less stress in the spring looking for a house.
6. Holiday decorations increase curb appeal.
7. Some buyers prefer to buy before year-end for tax purposes.
8. Receive equity before the holidays!